November 9, 2014

Decadent Chocolate Desserts

http://ichoosejoy2day.blogspot.com/2014/11/decadent-chocolate-desserts.htmlI can't remember how long it's been since my mother gave me the magnet stating "CHOCOLATE ~ not just for breakfast anymore."  It was a perfect gift, because I do love all things chocolate

Yes, I love chocolate any time of the day.  My boys love chocolate too.  Their favorite breakfast is pancakes with mini chocolate chips.  I know some people will argue that milk chocolate is best, but I am a dark chocolate lover.  Today I challenge you to try a decadent chocolate dessert and see if you disagree.  And please, just because I say "dessert," don't feel like you can't eat these recipes any time of the day that you desire.


http://ichoosejoy2day.blogspot.com/2014/11/decadent-chocolate-desserts.html

Maybe you're a chocolate and peanut butter lover.  If so, I have an easy {3 ingredient} recipe that's amazing: PeanutButter Whip.  Simply use your blender to whip 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream and then blend in 2 tablespoons natural peanut butter.  Scrape into a small bowl and top with crushed dark chocolate.  Soooo good!  Thanks to Rohnda Sue for coming up with this quick treat.  If you have a sweet tooth and want to add a few more ingredients, you can see the full recipe {with Stevia & vanilla} by clicking the title above.

For years now my favorite warm, chocolate dish has been Chocolate Soufflé.  If you go to So Simple Desserts: Chocolate Soufflé, you will find the full recipe for this luscious dessert.  I also write about why you don't have to be intimidated by baking this dessert, including tips for a successful soufflé.

http://ichoosejoy2day.blogspot.com/2014/11/decadent-chocolate-desserts.html

Recently though, our favorite dessert has been FlourlessChocolate Cake.  My husband raved "It's melt in your mouth..." and my oldest son exclaimed "delicious!"  You could say it has been a hit.  When talking with my mother about what dessert I could bring for Thanksgiving, she said I should bring this dessert... and she hasn't even tried it yet.  

In addition to being a decadent chocolate dessert, I love that it's another easy {4 ingredient} recipe.  If you don't believe me about how delicious it is, you can see at left how much was gone a couple hours after I made it.

In case you also are a Trim Healthy Mama, I did make this dessert as a THM S by just substituting Truvia for the sugar.  {And, no, not a single person in my family noticed.}

Thanks to Joan at Chocolate, Chocolate and More for sharing this recipe.  It is originally from Lori Lange's "The Recipe Girl Cookbook."  I'm curious what other recipe ideas I will find at Lori's Recipe Girl website.  Also, I cannot wait to go back to Joan's website and explore more... What other chocolate delights does she have to share?!



I was so impressed with the rich chocolate flavor of this flourless cake, that I didn't even bother making the ganache.  Yes, it's sooo good that I didn't even feel the need to add any more chocolate!  I do think that I will add the ganache when I make this dessert for Thanksgiving.  If you have a sweet tooth and want to add a few more ingredients, you can see the full recipe {with whipping cream & chocolate chips for  ganache} by clicking the title above.
  • Are you a milk chocolate or dark chocolate fan?
  • Have you tried and fallen in love with any of the recipes above?
  • What is your favorite decadent chocolate dessert? 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...