September 28, 2014

Fall Decorating

http://ichoosejoy2day.blogspot.com/2014/09/fall-decorating.html
For our family, this time of year is about Fall traditions.  My boys happily help choose gourds and pumpkins to decorate our home inside and out.  While I do enjoy decorating our home, the task is mostly about welcoming Fall.  I'm aware this year of not taking too much time and energy on the task of decor, because I'm much more excited about baking fall treats, updating photographs of our family,  and making memories with my boys whether on a hike, in a pile of leaves, or around a warm fire on a cool night.

I have to admit, however, that I was touched when a friend recently wrote: "I'm decorating for fall and thinking of you and your cute house! Hope you are enjoying your fall."  Honestly, I was especially grateful because she has an amazing talent for decorating and hospitality!  I was honest when I responded with the following: "I did a little decorating before my party... meaning Al was looking for something in the fall box and the boys dumped it and put a few things out around the living room.  I'm doing some deep cleaning this week, and then I think I'll do some decorating this weekend after we go to the Gays Mills apple festival."  Well, we are back from the festivities with apples, gourds, and small pumpkins. The photos at left are what we have done so far to welcome Fall to our home.

I love decorating with the beauty and bounty that God has provided.  It really reminds us to enjoy this time of Fall colors and harvest.


Credit: Yellow Bliss Road



I put this Fall print in the living room to remind us of the harvest, giving thanks, and all things Fall.  It seems I find subway art quite appealing, no matter the season, which you may notice if you check out my boards on Pinterest.  I will be revisiting my Fall Decorating board soon for inspiration to finish some Fall decorating projects in our home.




http://ichoosejoy2day.blogspot.com/2014/09/fall-decorating.html
Author unknown.  Inspiration from Colorful Cravings.

I have had the "Dirty Dishes" poem in my kitchen for a while now.  It reminds us daily to be grateful...

Thank Heaven for dirty dishes.
They have a tale to tell.
While other folks go hungry,
We are eating very well.
With home and health and happiness,
We shouldn't want to fuss.
By this stack of evidence,
God is very good to us.



Today's message at church reminded me to watch for pride and check my priorities.  So, today I'm focusing on the joy of making our home comfortable while being sure my heart is full of gratitude.  I think that's another reason I enjoy the season of Fall so much... gratitude for our homes and neighbors, appreciation of the bounty of harvest, and thanksgiving for time with friends and family.

Now that we have completed the transition from Summer to school, our time has more of a relaxed rhythm.  Fall for us is truly a time of food and fun with family from now until we celebrate the holidays.

  • Which season is your favorite?
  •  How do you change your home's decor in Fall?
  • What fills your heart with gratitude?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...